Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Ikelite WD-4 for G10 vs G9 with Inon UWL-100

Started by daw ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite WD-4 for G10 vs G9 with Inon UWL-100

5 posts
  1. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Ikelite's WD-4 Wide Angle Dome, particularly as it compares with the Inon UWL-100 (or Ikelite W20) on a G9. According to Ikelite's web site, the WD-4 on a G10 theoretically gives a wide angle view about the same as the G9 with their W20 lens. I was hoping someone had some real-life experience comparing these. My G9 flooded and I'm tempted to move up to a G11 (which should also be able to use the WD-4), but I don't want to lose the wide angle field of view I'm used to with the UWL-100. Thanks

  2. I doubt the UWL-100 will work well with a 28mm lens (G10 / 11) but it does of course work with the G9's 35mm. It can also be upgraded with the dome unit. IMHO, I'd stick with the G9 (get a second hand one of Amazon or Ebay) and the INON glass.

  3. I doubt the UWL-100 will work well with a 28mm lens (G10 / 11) but it does of course work with the G9's 35mm. It can also be upgraded with the dome unit. IMHO, I'd stick with the G9 (get a second hand one of Amazon or Ebay) and the INON glass.

     

    The UWL-100 definately won't work with the 28mm lens of the G10/11 cameras. Certainly an advantage of the UWL-100 is that it can be upgraded with the dome unit. Still, I was wondering how a G9 with a UWL-100 (without the dome port) would compare with a G10 with a WD-4.

    Thanks

  4.  

    This is the website I was referring to in my initial post on this topic. What I was wondering about was actual experience with these 2 approaches i.e G9 with Inon UWL-100 (without dome port) vs G10 with WD-4.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.