I am posting this question for a friend of mine who is having some issues with his G10 (OEM housing).
The frogfish was taken in 22meters depth in the Maldives with the following settings:
Exposure time: 1 / 25
F-stop 2,8
ISO 400
manual mode (P)
ambient light
My guess is the combination of too long exposure, large aperture and the ISO number.
Any other ideas? He is pretty desperate since he isn't coming back to Europe until February...
Thanks for you help!
Regards
Paula
Hi Paula!
In this situation (photographing still subjects with G 10 useing ambient light), I would suggest to use Av mode for shooting. Lower the ISO to 80, Tv to about 1/30 and adjust exposure with aperture.
Hi Karel,
thanks for your post...I will relay your ideas to him
If he's going to shoot up into the ambient light, I'd have him get close and use the built in flash for some fill light. Otherwise, shooting with the light at his back might be his only choice.