Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Calendar generation

Started by diver dave1 ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Calendar generation

11 posts
  1. I am planning on making a calendar for gifts to family/friends for the holidays. Local print stores make them and have done that for family snap shots but wanting to step up the quality of the paper for the image.

    I was wondering if people here had preferred websites for generating calendars. This one seems interesting but I have never done business with them.

    Creative Calendars

     

    Who has generated a calendar and would recommend that location? Since I am US based, it would seem shipping would be better here but am open to other locations.

     

    I am after better quality paper for the images than the standard print shop.

    Suggestions?

  2. I am planning on making a calendar for gifts to family/friends for the holidays. Local print stores make them and have done that for family snap shots but wanting to step up the quality of the paper for the image.

    I was wondering if people here had preferred websites for generating calendars. This one seems interesting but I have never done business with them.

    Creative Calendars

     

    Who has generated a calendar and would recommend that location? Since I am US based, it would seem shipping would be better here but am open to other locations.

     

    I am after better quality paper for the images than the standard print shop.

    Suggestions?

     

    I've used Café Press and Lulu and would not recommend them. The print quality was just decent at best.

  3. I used Snapfish once and got their cheapest cost matte finish calendar and did not like it. I tried them one more time at a friend's urging and spent the extra $10 to get the larger calendar with semi-glossy finish and was much happier. I would do it again with that particular finish and size.

  4. I've done these a variety of ways over the years. I would recommend Qoop. It's an online service and does a pretty nice job. You can access it through Flickr which makes setting up the photos pretty easy.

     

    Jack

    Edited by JackConnick
  5. Thanks for the replies. I am checking into the recommendations.

    Anyone use MyCanvas? They are associated with Smugmug, it appears.

  6. Dave I can highly recomend Red Bubble the quality is excellent.

    I ordered some calendars last year and the print reproduction was spot on. Just got a batch for next years and they're still perfect.

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  7. Check out Digi-labs. http://www.digi-labs.net/calendars.shtml

     

    We having been using their calendar software and printing services for several years now and they are very good. The software is easy to use and very customizable and there are several different sizes and styles of calendars. The paper is 80lb cardstock and the printers they use do a great job on the color...even blue water. And I believe they are having a special right now for free shipping if you upload in October!

     

    Kathy

  8. Thank you for the continuing information..and I am checking the sites recommended.

    MyPublisher.com has a nice special going as well...40% off orders over $100 until Nov 4th, which would add up to quite a bit for what I have planned. Their calendars are $23 before the discount. Glossy pics

     

    But I have no experience with them. Much prefer recommendations from photographers that had good experiences.

  9. Making our third one on "Shutterfly"

    Heavy, glossy at US$19.99 for first and $9.99 for each additional one.

  10. Making our third one on "Shutterfly"

    Heavy, glossy at US$19.99 for first and $9.99 for each additional one.

     

    Checked the fine print at Shutterfly. I am not interested in them having royalty-free rights to use the pics there for most any reason they see fit. Below is a copy/paste of their conditions.

     

    "you will retain ownership of such Submissions, and you hereby grant us and our designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers), assignable, royalty-free, fully paid-up, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, distribute (through multiple tiers), create derivative works of, and publicly display and perform (publicly or otherwise) such Submissions, solely in connection with the Service (including without limitation for purposes of promoting the Service)."

  11. I haven't tried calendar production before but I have tried the services of Vistaprint. I remembered that they offered calendar printing and reproduction. Why don't you try visiting their site and availing of Vistaprint coupons? I gave them a try and they delivered the goods exceptionally well. And they posed reasonable prices too.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.