Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Lights for video?

Started by jsanko ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Lights for video?

5 posts
  1. Howdy all. With the understanding that depth and other conditions may influence the answer, as a beginner videographer with a Canon HD camera likely in an Equinox housing, (haven't bought one yet...) how important are external lights to get a quality finished product? Most cameras work pretty well with low light conditions and with a red filter I figured I would neutralize some of the blue effect. At any rate, I would appreciate any advice.

     

    Cheers.

  2. Howdy all. With the understanding that depth and other conditions may influence the answer, as a beginner videographer with a Canon HD camera likely in an Equinox housing, (haven't bought one yet...) how important are external lights to get a quality finished product? Most cameras work pretty well with low light conditions and with a red filter I figured I would neutralize some of the blue effect. At any rate, I would appreciate any advice.

     

    Cheers.

     

    You might try posting this in the video section.

  3. I looked in the video section to see if this was reposted, but did not see it. Did I miss something, or does it still need to be responded too??

  4. You can never have enough light (though you can have it in the wrong place [e.g., all close to the lens]). I recommend at least a two-point source 21w bulbs or greater each.

  5. You can never have enough light (though you can have it in the wrong place [e.g., all close to the lens]). I recommend at least a two-point source 21w bulbs or greater each.

     

    Some Sola Video 1200 lights would do the trick.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.