Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikon D200 Settings

Started by ViperDoc ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon D200 Settings

5 posts
  1. I've been shooting my D200 for about 2 years now and I'm wondering if the experts on the board might have some settings that they found have helped in getting the best shots. I know that most have long since upgraded (and if I could justify it I would too) but I figure that I should spend my energies on improving my shooting skills and artistry along with my diving. So I figure that over the last 2 years some of you had to have discovered what tweaks to the D200 shooting and setting menus helped give your photos a little more uumph. I've done a search and only one article popped up way back when the D200 first came out.

     

    Thanks for any help.

     

    Dave

  2. I've been shooting my D200 for about 2 years now and I'm wondering if the experts on the board might have some settings that they found have helped in getting the best shots. I know that most have long since upgraded (and if I could justify it I would too) but I figure that I should spend my energies on improving my shooting skills and artistry along with my diving. So I figure that over the last 2 years some of you had to have discovered what tweaks to the D200 shooting and setting menus helped give your photos a little more uumph. I've done a search and only one article popped up way back when the D200 first came out.

     

    Thanks for any help.

     

    Dave

     

    Dave-

    There are no "best settings". Every setting is different depending on subject, lens, distance, strobes used, available light, etc. etc.

  3. do you shoot raw? that's the best setting

  4. hey ViperDoc,

     

    Sorry for not directly answering your question, but I find tweaking the menu settings don't have a big effect on the "uumph" of a photo, compared to the subject selection, lens selection, composition, and lighting you choose. I do discuss some settings here.

     

    Doing some post-processing changes of levels, contrast, tonal range etc. can also help, although I find post-processing rarely changes a bad photo into a good photo.

     

    Good luck and feel free to post photos that you are not happy with.

     

    Scott

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.