Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

D300 Over Exposure after Firmware Update

Started by jcclink ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

D300 Over Exposure after Firmware Update

3 posts
  1. Discovered that I also have the problem. Is Nikon addressing this issue? In the mean time I guess we just set EV to -1.0? Center weighted seems to give a more accurate exposure than matrix. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

  2. Discovered that I also have the problem. Is Nikon addressing this issue? In the mean time I guess we just set EV to -1.0? Center weighted seems to give a more accurate exposure than matrix. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

     

    I've always felt that mine overexposes even before the firmware upgrade. I have mine set at -.3 or -.7, but when shooting underwater, I have it set at -1.

     

    You should prolly take a look at and maybe join NikonCafe.com to get Nikon questions answered. It's free and a good friendly resource of information.

     

    Good Luck

  3. Jim,

     

    Peter had the same problem with his D300 after a firmware upgrade. He sent it back to Nikon twice, they replaced the exposure/focus chip.

    I am assuming you are back in the States safe and sound.

    It was great diving with you again, Bali and Komoto were awsome.

     

    Elmer

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.