Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Best Portrait Lens

Started by H2ophoto ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Best Portrait Lens

5 posts
  1. Hello Everyone,

     

    I currently use a 12 -24 nikon lens for underwater portraits and a 60mm on my d300.

     

    I have question for everyone.

     

    If i were to buy another lens to only do peoples portraits underwater (full body and faces)(in pool and behind waves in the ocean), What would i choose?

     

    I was thinking a AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G or a AF-S Nikkor 35mm F1.8G

     

    Could everyone please please give me your opinion.

     

    Thanks

    Scott

    Edited by H2ophoto
  2. I have been very happy with my signa 17-70 macro, it's very versatile.

  3. Thanks,

     

    I forgot to add this lenes.

     

    1. AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G

    2. AF-S Nikkor 35mm F1.8G

    3. AS-F NIkkor 16-85 mm F3.5-5.6

  4. Thanks,

     

    I forgot to add this lenes.

     

    1. AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G

    2. AF-S Nikkor 35mm F1.8G

    3. AS-F NIkkor 16-85 mm F3.5-5.6

     

     

    I like the flexibility of a zoom lens so out of those I would opt for the 16-85 and if your going to use any of these behind a dome port the you will need a diopter.

  5. Thanks,

     

    I forgot to add this lenes.

     

    1. AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G

    2. AF-S Nikkor 35mm F1.8G

    3. AS-F NIkkor 16-85 mm F3.5-5.6

     

    Hi,

     

    I own all of them (Sigma 17-70mm, Nikon 35mm, Nikon 50mm, 16-85mm) and my favorite is the prime lens 50mm f/1.4.

    I love it for portraits.

    The 35 mm is cool but the 50 mm is by far much better. I am not a big fan of the 16-85.

    However, I never used it underwater, but the 50 mm is a perfect portrait lens with a nice and soft bokeh.

     

    Your 60 mm should be even better than the 50 underwater which has a poor focus distance if you compare it to your 60 mm.

     

    Damien

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.