Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

D300 10-17

Started by oceanaddict ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

D300 10-17

4 posts
  1. Has anyone tried a Tokina 10-17 behind a compact dome in a Sea & Sea housing? S & S reccomend the optical dome but it is expensive. I currently use a 12-24 but want to try a 10-17 on my d300.

  2. OceanAddict,

     

    I did some dome port tests in my pool, and I personally didn't find the optical dome any better than the compact with the 10-17 in those conditions. I usually use my 10-17 with the compact port with the 20mm extension ring. There's many other Sea and Sea 10-17 users, so you should get some other opinions also.

     

    good luck,

    Scott

  3. Should work with any S&S dome.

    The smaller ones are better IMHO due to the amazing close focus characteristics of the 10-17.

    Anything that fits on the Optical Dome will fit on the Compact Dome and vice-versa.

    Anything that fits on these small domes will fit on the big one.

  4. Thanks lads, I'll go ahead and order the 10-17 and stick with the compact dome I already have.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.