Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Any old housing will do

Started by ramaroodle ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Any old housing will do

4 posts
  1. I am looking for any housing that will hold my Sony HC7. All it needs to do is seal and be good to 100 ft. At the very least all I want to do is be able to turn the camera on before going in the water and leave it on during the dive, so no controls needed. If the battery dies before the end of the dive, so be it. I'll put a filter on it and play with the WB in post.

     

    Don't want to spend a lot of money. $10K in photo gear and a Bonaire trip coming up, I'm getting the evil eye from the wife. A DIY housing would be fine. Turn it on, put it in and seal it up and dive. I can modify it to hold the camera in place.

     

    Any ideas or links to something that might work? I remember seeing something like this somewhere a few years ago but can't find it now.

     

    Andy

  2. As an answer to my own post, I wonder if I could hollow out one of my old Ike 100a Substrobes or one of those hurkin 2 six volt battery cell lights i've had since the 70's.

     

    Off to the attic, err "photo storage area"

  3. Great find! A friend of mine will be really happy! We've been talking about making our own.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.