Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Are Lightroom's controls fairly similar to Photoshop?

Started by .Greg ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Are Lightroom's controls fairly similar to Photoshop?

9 posts
  1. I have bought a couple of tutorial books for LR but I am better with video training.

     

    Would a tutorial like "Underwater Photoshop" be applicable to Lightroom?

     

    I don't need it to be exact, just that it uses similar tools and layer controls.

     

    Thanks

  2. In my opinion no - Photoshop and LR are built on very different concepts.

     

    The concept of layers/masking and channels are not particularly strong in LR while they are core in Photoshop.

     

    Both products have strengths and weakness I oftem find myself wishing I had controls from the other product available.

     

    Paul C

  3. Thanks for the quick reply.

     

    Got it, will stick to basic LR tutorials.

  4. Bang for your buck it is the way to go (LR).

     

    Paul C

    Edited by PRC
  5. lots of FREE to download iTunes podcasts on LR, either trawl through google or via the iTunes shop and subscribe. Couldn't be easier.

  6. I installed Lightroom a couple of months ago and I never ever used it. I still prefer photoshop. That's what they taught us back in college. I'm not a fan of NEW things. :)

  7. I installed Lightroom a couple of months ago and I never ever used it. I still prefer photoshop. That's what they taught us back in college. I'm not a fan of NEW things. :uwphotog:

     

    How do you know you prefer PS if you never used LR? :-)

  8. How do you know you prefer PS if you never used LR? :-)

    Lots of info is applicable, for $99 I've learned lots os things from Underwater Photoshop that is aplicable to Lightroom. Took a course on Lightroom From Jeff Mullins in Bali that showed me that 90 percent of what I want to do with underwater photos can be done quicker and easier in Lightroom.

  9. How do you know you prefer PS if you never used LR? :-)

    Never let progress stand in the way of tradition.

    :)

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.