Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Preview from next episode of BBC Life series

Started by adamhanlon ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Preview from next episode of BBC Life series

12 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    There is a preview of the next episode of this excellent series here

     

    It is featuring the courtship ritual of the weedy sea dragon-and shows how fanastic this series has been. BBC natural History unit at the top of their game again.

     

    For those of us in the UK, the next episode goes to air on Monday 2nd Nov at 2100.

     

    Adam

  2. Thanks for the heads up,

     

    I think the Weedy Sea Dragons are fascinating, definatly going to be worth a watch!

     

    Cheers,

  3. Thats pretty cool ... :uwphotog:

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  4. It is a beautiful sequence - but then why did they go after the "ugly" seadragon?

     

    Alex

  5. Amazing - so nice that they get to mate to nice mood setting music. :uwphotog:

  6. Wow. That was awesome. I hope they show it on PBS in the States. I saw a couple of weedies when I was in Sydney 2 years ago, but I wasn't there during the breeding season. Next time, I'll have to plan it better. Thanks for sharing.

  7. Very nice!!!

  8. It is a beautiful sequence - but then why did they go after the "ugly" seadragon?

     

    Alex

     

    Beauty is in the eye of the lens holder ... :uwphotog:

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  9. That was a great preview, looks like it is a great show. To bad we can't get it over here.

    Mike

  10. is it still on iplayer?

  11. is it still on iplayer?

     

    Not that particular programme ... The 'Insects' programme is now playing ...

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  12. Beautiful and interesting behaviour captured by the BBC team there, I haven't been fortunate enough to see it for myself yet. The courtship sequence

    looks like it was taken at Flinders Pier area which by the way isn't "around two miles southeast of Melbourne"??? The hatching and juvenile footage must

    have been taken in Pangs aquariums.

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.