Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Z240 with sea&sea sync cord on nikon D90 set up help required

Started by Scubysnaps ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Z240 with sea&sea sync cord on nikon D90 set up help required

8 posts
  1. Could anyone help me to set up these 2 together, I have the cap over the slave sensor and the camera on commander mode with built in -- and A & B on manual. I've tried the z240's on a variety of settings. They se to flash pretty randomly, once I had them working but adjusted the strength of flash and it stopped? Tried them on the origak setting and thru never worked again

     

    .......I thought I'd have another go before sending this out, I took the cords off and put them back on again and they work now no matter what setting the Nikon is on, so I'm getting there... but they still flash erratically, how do I stop this? There doesn't seem to be an obvious way to turn the modelling lights on either? I seem to only get them on and off by accident.

     

    I've looked at the instructions but I think it would take me ages to try and solve my problem with these!

    Hope someone can help me :uwphotog:

     

    cheers

    Woody

  2. I have the cap over the slave sensor and the camera on commander mode with built in -- and A & B on manual. I've tried the z240's on a variety of settings...

     

    ( a ) Manual strobe only

    ( b ) Don't use the "commander" setting, as this will upset your Inon

    ( c ) The modelling lights are erratic as they respond to light on the sensor

     

    I have turned to optical control, as it reveals all of the strobe's capabilities.

     

    Tim

     

    :blink:

    Edited by tdpriest
  3. Hi Tim,

    Thanks for that, I'll try it this evening.

     

    ....What do u mean you've turned to optical control? did u used to have sync cords and now moved to fibre optics?

    Edited by Scubysnaps
  4. All working now :blink: flash manual mode works fine, I'm sure I tried it on that yesterday!?

  5. All working now :blink: flash manual mode works fine, I'm sure I tried it on that yesterday!?

     

    Woody... can you give me a "Dummies walkthrough" ?? LOL. Im reading the D90 manual scratching my head. Im shooting manual, no TTL.

     

    Thanks

     

    Greg

  6. It should work fine as is, if not go to menu button "e" and built in flash, then select "M" not "TTL" flash

    Edited by Scubysnaps
  7. Hi Tim,

    Thanks for that, I'll try it this evening.

     

    ....What do u mean you've turned to optical control? did u used to have sync cords and now moved to fibre optics?

     

    Yup!

     

    Tim

     

    :blink:

  8. Yup!

     

    Tim

     

    :blink:

    ?? I my earlier smaller compact days with my first flash I found them so hazardous and snagged them so easily, went thru quite a few :) I didnt like them at all, each to their own I guess :lol:

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.