Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Lense/housing Choice?

Started by skram ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Lense/housing Choice?

4 posts
  1. Hi, I have been shooting surf photos for a while now, but I am brand new to shooting in the water. I shoot with a Canon xsi/450d and I'm looking into getting the liquid eye housing. Has anyone had good/bad experiences with these? Also, What lense would be best for close range surf photos? I was thinking about the Canon 15mm fisheye or 20mm super wide angle. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    Edited by skram
  2. what kinds of lenses are you guys using for close range photos in the water?

  3. I assume you are talking about this housing...

    Liquid eye housing

     

    I don't shoot surf photos but enjoy Clark Little's photography and I know he mainly uses fisheye lenses. The best FE lens for the Canon 450D (1.6 crop sensor) would be the Tokina 10-17 FE zoom. A Canon or Sigma 15 mm fisheye lens would not work like a true fish eye as the crop factor of the sensor sees less than the 180 degrees of that lens on a full sensor. I use the tokina for underwater and split shots and its an awesome lens... good luck...

     

    cheers!

     

    - MDP

  4. Many good things heard about the Tokina 10-17..... Stills & Vids.

    Probably my nest lens purchase.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.