Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Equipment for Nikon D60

Started by maldives ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Equipment for Nikon D60

2 posts
  1. Hello,

    I am going on a trip to the Maldives (mostly snorkeling). I would like some advice on gear please.

    I currently have a Nikon d60 with the Nikkor 18-55mm and 55-200mm lenses and also a Tamron 18-270mm lense. I was wondering whether I should expand on that or start from scratch (with a new camera) as I am not sure how suitable D60 is for underwater (and any of the lenses). Apart from housing (which one is recommended?), I probably need micro/macro/wideangle lense (lenses?) and reading up online, there seem to be many choices. What about flash?

    If any of you are using D60, I would be very interested to know what equipment you use in addition (and for what reason). I am just looking to take decent photos, nothing too fancy/complicated. So a compromise/all-round gear is probably what I am looking for.

    Many thanks in advance,

    maldives

  2. hi i have a d40x with 18-55 lens. Yours nikon d60 is the next version. Aquatica makes a great housing with all the ports and gears needed. It works great. For flash as i shoot on manual only i am still using my sb105 nikon and my ikelite ai strobes. My buddy has a 16-85 lens which does a mild wide angle to macro by using the zoom. I think this is the lens i will be getting as it is versitile. Unless he goes back to truk lagoon again he probably won't need another lens.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.