I have seen a few out there but most were published some years ago. Any recomendations for a beginner?
Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic
Good book or dvd for learning underwater video
Started by Demonic ·
- 4Posts
- 4Replies
Read-only discussion
Good book or dvd for learning underwater video
-
-
'Jim Church' and 'John Boyle' Have their own books out and both are meant to be pretty good ...

Dive safe
DeanB
-
I actually reckon the best source of information is actually this site, it has so much up to date information and has various opinions and ideas. I actually have the book Underwater Digital Video Made Easy by Lance Milbrand, Mark Thurlow and Steven Barsky, it's good and worth a read but very high level.
Other than that best advice is just to get in the water and shoot as much as you can, post your video here and there is always someone willing to constructively critique your work.
Jon
-
Annie Crawley did a good DVD called Your Guide to Shooting Underwater Video. It covers everything, from the basics of shooting, to gear, lighting and white balance. Definitely a good learning tool.