Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

N80 Backup in S2 Housing

Started by kthan ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

N80 Backup in S2 Housing

6 posts
  1. There was some discussion a while back on this topic of using N80 as a backup to S2 and D100 since they are of the same body essentially. Someone mentioned giving it a try and if I remeber correctly, Ikelite may come up with a tray for this purpose of using the N80 in the Ikelite S2 housing.

     

    I couldn't seem to find the thread and would appreciate if anyone can update on this. Thanks a lot.

     

    Eric

  2. Why don't you just try making a tray extension out of a block of wood? I bet you could do it if you try.

     

    Sincerely,

    James Wiseman

  3. When the earlier thread first popped up, I put my N80 in my Aquatica D100 housing. I measured approximately how thick the block would have to be. I don't remember what the number was, but it definitely appeared that it would work.

  4. 20 September

     

    People interested in adding an F-80 to their current S2 housing will find this much easier if they add the optional AA battery pack to the F-80. Wit this attached the difference in height is only about 1/32 inch, the thickness of a thin piece of rubber. A new camera tray may still be necessary as the tripod screw holes of these two cameras are not in the same position. If the F-80 is positioned properly, virtually all of the camera controls are in the same position except for the auto-focus point control.

     

    I bought an Ikelite housing for the S@, and asked them to make me a second camera tray for the S2, which they did. And find both cameras fit in the housing reasonably.

     

    Dive Gypsy

  5. Welcome to Wetpixel!

     

    Good stuff! Thanks for the report! Looks like an MB-16 might be in my future.

     

    How far of an offset in the tripod screw mounts is there?

     

    Sincerely,

    James Wiseman

  6. I checked my D100 and N80, and it looks like the distance from the lens mount to the tripod screw hole is identical for both camera bodies. Also, the tripod screw hole is lined up directly with the center of the lens axis.

     

    If that helps anybody.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.