Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Watching MPEG2 files on TV

Started by seansrs968 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Watching MPEG2 files on TV

5 posts
  1. Is there a simple way of being able to the view the edited video files on a HDTV? I have a MPEG-2 file that I edited and put on Youtube, how could I take this file and view on it on a TV?

     

    Thanks,

     

    Sean

  2. Is there a simple way of being able to the view the edited video files on a HDTV? I have a MPEG-2 file that I edited and put on Youtube, how could I take this file and view on it on a TV?

     

    Thanks,

     

    Sean

     

     

    Not sure what computer or software you are using, but MPEG-2 are used to make DVDs (the M2V without audio transport streams) Many ways of doing it, from making it Apple TV compatible or a format that is something that many DVD players play, such as WMV or AVI for instance, but just putting a data/video disc type thing into the player. You can even put it on your iPod and plug that in.

     

    If you can fill in some of the blanks as to what you have at your disposal, the answer maybe easier to give. Otherwise, many options and workflows are out there.....

  3. Not sure what computer or software you are using, but MPEG-2 are used to make DVDs (the M2V without audio transport streams) Many ways of doing it, from making it Apple TV compatible or a format that is something that many DVD players play, such as WMV or AVI for instance, but just putting a data/video disc type thing into the player. You can even put it on your iPod and plug that in.

     

    If you can fill in some of the blanks as to what you have at your disposal, the answer maybe easier to give. Otherwise, many options and workflows are out there.....

     

    I am using Adobe Premiere. I want to be able to take that file and put it on a DVD so others can see the work as well. How can I do this in Premiere? I have try to encode it as a MPEG-2 Dvd file. I then burn the file to a disc but when I try to put it in the DVD player it does not work.

     

    Thanks

  4. I am using Adobe Premiere. I want to be able to take that file and put it on a DVD so others can see the work as well. How can I do this in Premiere? I have try to encode it as a MPEG-2 Dvd file. I then burn the file to a disc but when I try to put it in the DVD player it does not work.

     

    Thanks

     

    Sounds like you are just encoding a m2v file from a timeline and burning to a DVD-R/+R? If that is the case it is not making a DVD as we all normally think of a DVD (like Blockbuster Rentals) If it is the flavor of MPEG-2 with Audio it may play on some DVD players that have that capability (i.e., some form of data disc) but you really want to make a DVD DVD...

     

    Here is a quick tutorial on the workflow

     

    Premiere/Encore

     

    I did not look at it all, so not sure how good it is or not. Let me know. I can whip up something if you need it if that one does not work for you. Just not right in front of my computer with Premiere at the moment, though can grab it in a couple of moments. I work on Macs but the same general flow will apply.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.