I am trying to find a camcorder and housing with MWB control.
-any recomendations ?
all under 2,000 USD
thanks,
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Started by jalvare2 ·
Read-only discussion
I am trying to find a camcorder and housing with MWB control.
-any recomendations ?
all under 2,000 USD
thanks,
A camcorder and housing with MWB for under 2k...not many choices. Most of the housings that offer MWB control are the higher end housings. The only option, which would still be just over 2k. You can look at the Ikelite Housing and the Sony HC9 ($1300 for housing, $900 for camera), or you would be better off going with the Sony XR 500 and the Ike housing. That will put you at about $2400.
If budget allows, you might want to seriously consider the Gates Housing and XR 520, Gates housing and Canon HF S11, or Light and Motion Stingray Plus with optional electronic Left handle. Those would be the next step up from the Ike systems and would offer many additional features such as (aluminum housing, better optics, more ergonomic controls, smaller in size, better controls).
Good luck, let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
Couple years ago I've got Sony TRV-900 and Ikelite housing for around $1000 all in from eBay. Old but still quite capable camera. Has MWB, 3CCD. Could be a good option if you're don't mind buying used and don't need HD.
Thanks, I will consider them,... at fisrt sight the Sony HC9 camcorder is no longer available..
A friend let my try a JVC Everio camcorder and Ike housing, with MWB control, unfortunally at 70ft the manual control rods were hard to control since the presure pushed in the rods, while I needed to extract them back to manage the joystick. Next sunday I will close/seal the housing with the rods extended out, to provide a small pressure compensation.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.