Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

New Oly Pen E-P2

Started by Deep6 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

New Oly Pen E-P2

4 posts
  1. The new Olympus M4/3 camera anouncement:

    Pen E-P2

     

    Well, it's not an SLR, so I posted here. Looks like they reworked the slow AF, but LCD is still a crapish 230K dots. No new M4/3 specific lenses.

    Bob

    Edited by Deep6
  2. The new Olympus M4/3 camera anouncement:

    Pen E-P2

     

    Well, it's not an SLR, so I posted here. Looks like they reworked the slow AF, but LCD is still a crapish 230K dots. No new M4/3 specific lenses.

    Bob

     

    The only changes that I see are a tracking AF, a new electronic viewfinder, and a new connector on the body to talk to the EVF. I've heard the E-P2 described as more of a firmware update than a new camera.

     

    As I understand it, Olympus will continue to sell the cheaper E-P1 alongside the E-P2.

  3. The only changes that I see are a tracking AF, a new electronic viewfinder, and a new connector on the body to talk to the EVF. I've heard the E-P2 described as more of a firmware update than a new camera.

     

    As I understand it, Olympus will continue to sell the cheaper E-P1 alongside the E-P2.

    And a new VF-2 shoe-mount electronic view finder which has been reviewed favorably. Not much use underwater.

    Bob

  4. Actually they did announce new lenses, they're just not available yet:

     

    New accessories:

     

    * M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 super wide-angle zoom lens (first half of 2010)

    * M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-150mm F4.0-5.6 high-power telephoto zoom lens (first half of 2010)

     

    (Snipped from the press release at dpreview.com: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0911/09110501olympusep2.asp )

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.