Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

olympus pt e-03 housing

Started by pooley ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

olympus pt e-03 housing

3 posts
  1. Does anybody know how good the olympus range of housings is compared to say, Ikelite or the RDX range from sea and sea ( I know they don't fit olympus cameras), and more specifically can you use opticaly fired flash with the pt e-03 housing for the olympus 410

  2. Yes you can use the optically fired flash because there is room for the internal strobe to pop up. I think Ikelite does make housings for Olympus but only for the electrical connection to their strobe system. Finally, the depth of the housing is rated to 45M compared to 60 for the Ikelite. I think you would do well to do your research on this housing though. I owned one and had issues with the design. The housing was very fickle to flooding due to the lack of pressure near the top of the housing. I would suggest going with the PT-E05 or PT-E06 if you're looking at Olympus. If you have the camera, I'd check into Ikelite and just go with the electrical connection to the Ike strobes or buy an optical converter.

    Edited by ce4jesus
  3. I've been told on the Ike housings you can fish a toothpick in or something and hit your strobe release to get the flash to pop - it won't extend all the way, but will be open enough for optical coupling. I have not tried this myself on the E330 Ike housing, as I do use Ikelite strobes with an electrical sync cord to the hotshoe (DS-50s).

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.