Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Paul Nicklen of NG Diving with Leopard Seals

Started by Steve Williams ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

Paul Nicklen of NG Diving with Leopard Seals

14 posts
  1. Check this out;

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

     

    Edit by mod - embed YouTube

     

    Edited by echeng
  2. Too cool.

     

    I think I will stay a spectator, though. I consider it a hardship when the water temperature is lower than 77 F.

  3. Amazing story and images. Paul Nicklen is at the top of the pyramid.

     

    A dozen or so years ago, it was thought that being in the water with a tiger shark was an immediate death sentence. A dozen years from now, will we have the same flashbacks on leopard seals? Great whites?

  4. Stunning images and a very endearing story ... :)

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  5. Very Cool! Perhaps a future Wetpixel trip?!

    Mike

  6. This is my favorite photographer site http://www.paulnicklen.com/

     

    Amazing shots..I thougth he used the penguins for bait, to have the leopards seals closer but know I know better.

     

    This is very hard to beat!

     

    Thanks steve for the link.

     

    Gassa

  7. those photographs, are way ahead of anyone else out there today. The subjects and quality im sure are the result of years of dedication. amazing to say the least

  8. Truly great images and a really compelling subject!

     

    To me this video does a fantastic job of multimedia storytelling.

     

    I really like how the stills were animated to vary the framing as the story is being told.

     

    Very cool!

     

    Mary Lynn

  9. loved it! Your spot on Mary with your comment.

  10. simply amazing, can't believe how friendly they are!

  11. An amazing story. Loved the photos of him in the water, head above the surface, only a few feet away from the seal on the ice. Too cool.

  12. Havn't seen this here yet so...

     

    I let the video speak for itself.

     

  13. Amazing! Nature just keeps suprising :)

  14. If you are lucky enough to live in a city were the National Geographic Live speaker series visits, you should look it to it. Paul Nicklen is one of the scheduled speakers this year and will be doing a live presentation of this adventure. These lectures are always amazing and facinating. Highly Recommened, and I'm really looking forward to this one!

     

    (National Geographic Live in Chicago, Arizona, Seattle, Dallas and Washington, DC)

     

    http://events.nationalgeographic.com/events/

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.