Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Photo Edit Help

Started by gravity ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Photo Edit Help

4 posts
  1. Here are two versions of the same photo.

     

    716508713_JRgtn-L.jpg

     

    716508711_kKYtR-L.jpg

     

    Any suggestions for using lightroom to help the sharks stand out better against the background? Thanks,

  2. Any suggestions for using lightroom to help the sharks stand out better against the background? Thanks,

    You could try the clarity slider, and perhaps add some contrast using the curves sliders after increasing the exposure maybe about half a stop. For anything more effective I'd say you need something like Photoshop, with more flexibility.

  3. Here are two versions of the same photo.

     

    716508713_JRgtn-L.jpg

     

    716508711_kKYtR-L.jpg

     

    Any suggestions for using lightroom to help the sharks stand out better against the background? Thanks,

    Here is one attempt with simple auto correction in lightroom

    4134759532_86f50160b4_m.jpg

    4134759430_b90527794d_m.jpg

  4. Hi Lucas,

    I tried everything I could think of and can't come up with one I like. Bill's is the best I could do. I think maybe you'll need to go back and get a tad closer if they'll let you. It must have been a wonderful sight. I'll bet the image in your mind is much better anyway. Your website is looking great by the way.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.