Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Printing in aluminum?

Started by Rocha ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Printing in aluminum?

6 posts
  1. Hi guys,

     

    I have been looking at the best ways to print some of my photos and came across these aluminum printing businesses. I've seen that Eric had an exhibit using these prints and his photos looked very nice, but I had no chance to look at them up close. Does anybody have experience with them? Does it look as good as they advertise? Eric, are the colors really that nicer? How about long-term, has anybody had these for more than a few months? Any fading?

     

    Thanks for any info...

     

    Luiz

  2. Can't comment on the durability, but the prints I've seen (not eric's) seemed to have a super high d-max, pop and nice, wide gamut.

  3. Hi guys,

     

    I have been looking at the best ways to print some of my photos and came across these aluminum printing businesses. I've seen that Eric had an exhibit using these prints and his photos looked very nice, but I had no chance to look at them up close. Does anybody have experience with them? Does it look as good as they advertise? Eric, are the colors really that nicer? How about long-term, has anybody had these for more than a few months? Any fading?

     

    Thanks for any info...

     

    Luiz

     

    Can't say about long term but I had several images printed by Image Wizards and I think they look great. Really couldn't be happier. The only caveat I'd offer is that if you go with the High Gloss option you'll need to be very careful about lighting as it's very reflective.

     

    Clinton

  4. I had one made and it is really really nice, though I have not had it that long - a month and a half maybe- but really well done print and framing.

     

    I will definately be getting more made at some point.

  5. Here are some photos from my most recent show (all in aluminum):

     

    echeng090814_229400.jpg

     

    620540689_z6PwM-L.jpg

     

    620540540_LNttW-L.jpg

     

    Rest of the images are here:

    http://echeng.com/journal/2009/08/17/photo...ion-g2-gallery/

     

    Love the aluminum prints, but be sure to proof them! My early prints were wonderful with my existing files, but the inks and profiles changed at Image Wizards -- now, I find that I need to increase brightness and saturation to get prints I'm happy with. STill beautiful -- just require more work!

  6. These look great Eric, thanks! Is the proofing something that can be done from a distance? Also, what method do you suggest, high gloss or one of the others? My photos will probably be close to a window in my house.

     

    Cheers,

     

    Luiz

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.