Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

EOS 300D suitable for UW photo ???

Started by FilipS ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

EOS 300D suitable for UW photo ???

5 posts
  1. Nice to see most DSLR forums are about D10, D100, 1D, 10D, 2S ... and their housings, domes, rings, adaptors, ... but not much discussion about the pricing of these :) . Unfortunatly I can not spend that much money. The EOS 300D however would be a possible solution and more or less an affordable system for me. Can you advice me if this would be suitable for DSLR U.W. ??? Are there important feature missing / some positive features (f.e. the compatible TTL flash system over the NIKON D-TTL) (important features I need to consider before purchase) (maybe it's more interesting to consider OLY 5050 / CP 5400 / CP5700 / ...).

    If so, could you also advice me on 'best lense' and 'best flash' for start-up. (I would rather invest a little more in lense & flash than a DSLR body thats probably outdated within the next 3 years).

  2. Be patient - housings typically trail new cameras by at least 6mo. I think that the rebel will be as suited to underwater photography as the 10D - as soon as a housing becomes available, of course. Ikelite will probably jump to make a housing for this popular SLR.

     

    If you want something immediately, perhaps you should buy a used consumer cam for the time being. That way you can get familiar with the whole underwater photo experience before your SLR housing comes available.

  3. UK Germany has answered me already that their housing for the EOS 300D will be ready somewhere end of next month (October 2003)

    It will be a modified EOS 300 housing, priced at around 1.600 EUR / incl. port ... :D:D:)

    I think for this price combination (camera / lens / housing) it would be very nice, hopefully by adding some good flashes (I prefer INON's) ... .

    If everything would work fine U.W. I would be a very happy man.

     

    But don't know anything about connectors 300D-housing-flash, nor about the possible dome ports - lenses, ... .

    Basically, I hate to be the first to discover the problems that might occur (especially U.W.)

  4. The 300D is not that different from a 10D which is not that different from a D60. Do a search on this forum and read the disscusions on these cameras.

  5. I hate to be the first to discover the problems that might occur (especially U.W.)

    Why? Its makes life more interesting :D

     

     

    What are the strobe’s options that available for Canon's cameras?

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.