Greetings. I am a long time lurker, seldom poster, and I have a delima you all might be able to help with. The age old What lens to buy.
I have a Cannon 20d (1.6 crop), w/Ikelite housing. For the past two years I have been using the kit lens (ouch!). I am still a newb but am getting better. I want to upgrade my glass. I am considering the Sigma 15mm or Tokina 10-17. I am leaning towards the Tokina, but am interested in your opinions on this.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Are there any other wide lenses (in the same price range) that I should consider?
Thanks!
map
I've had both (sold my 15mm to buy the Tokina when it became available) - I would buy the Tokina in a heartbeat. The Sigma is a nice lens; but the flexibility the Tokina zoom offers is really nice. And image quality is very good on the Tokina, just nothing bad to say about it; most flexible wide angle lens available for Canon cropped DSLR's.
I heartily agree with my friend from Texas. Tokina 10-17 is my choice. You won't believe the difference from your kit lens.
Cheers,
Steve
Hi,
The Tokina is a fantastic versatile lens-it is pretty much the only one I use now for all my wide angle!
Adam
I just want to echo everyone but add that I still shoot with a 20D. I have both the Tokina 10-17 FE zoom and the Canon 10-22 EFS. I love both lenses and use them both regularly. The Tokina is very sharp and the color and contrast in the shots from the Tokina are top notch. The Tokina's zoom range and the fact that it is wider than the Sigma 15mm FE make the choice a no-brainer. Get the Tokina and I am sure you will not be disappointed. You will be amazed how much more interesting your compositions can be with this lens than the kit lens. happy shooting...
cheers!
- MDP
Yes, I know this will make a huge difference from the Kit lens. =)
You have helped me decide on the Tokina!
Thank you for the replies.
Yes, I know this will make a huge difference from the Kit lens. =)
You have helped me decide on the Tokina!
Thank you for the replies.
I switched to full frame and my used Tokina is for sale at Backscatter if your interested...and yes it is the TITS!