Hello, I need to know if it's possible to shoot three or four cameras underwater at the same time. Is there a remote device to do this. What housings allow to do this? I have ikelite housings, but I'don't know if it's possible.
Thanks
Read-only discussion
Hello, I need to know if it's possible to shoot three or four cameras underwater at the same time. Is there a remote device to do this. What housings allow to do this? I have ikelite housings, but I'don't know if it's possible.
Thanks
how is this done topside first? obviously computer tethering via USB won't work UW, PW's probably not UW. it would have to be via cables, is it possible to have a trigger output from the PC Sync port trigger the remote release port on the next camera? if so it is possible to use UW strobe sync cables to connect to a camera's remote release, aquatica does it with their UW cable release. beyond that, i don't know how these 3d rigs are set up. please explain.
cheers,
chris
Very hard, as Chris said, pretty much all the systems out there require that the cameras are all connected to (and controlled by) a single computer.
Quite a few people have shot stereo cameras underwater, but not seen anything done with more than that. If it is possible on land, there is no reason why it should not be underwater - although likely to be expensive with multiple cameras, housings and modifications to connect them.
Alex
I believe there was an underwater housing for the Fuji Real 3D W1 stereoscopic camera displayed at DEMA.
Thank you guys, in Internet I found this http://www.menci.com/zscan/index.php?optio...7&Itemid=31.
Also I talked to an electronic engineer who is also a diver and he offered me a infrared solution. He has to work on it.
About subal hosuings, do these housings (d300s) have an external conection for 10 pin conection of remote control?
Just a quick note. Infra-red does not travel well through water. Avoid using it unless you are using fibre optics to transmit it.
Alex
thank Alex, they will use fibre optics.
You are thinking of Matrix-style effects underwater? Sounds really cool, but I imagine 50 or 60 housed DSLRs would cost a fortune!
if so it is possible to use UW strobe sync cables to connect to a camera's remote release, aquatica does it with their UW cable release
You could use two of our remote internal cords and use a Nikonos to Nikonos (Fantasea had one and one of the European srobe manufacturer does also) cord to connect two housings together and they would trigger at the same time, now someone willing to do a bit of soldering coud add two bulkheads connectors joined the same remote internal cord, one in, one out (sort of a SCUSI chain) so multiple housings could be linked together, if Nikonos to Nikonos cables are too hard to find, the principle could be applied with Ikelite standard cords since they have identical end and could be extended an extra 3ft or even 15ft of the actual lenght with off the shelf extension.
BTW you only need 2 wires for triggering multiple camera
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.