Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Music for your films, videos and slide shows

Started by Jules (Helioxfilm) ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Music for your films, videos and slide shows

11 posts
  1. Hi folks,

     

     

    I have finished recently a new film about explosive remnants of war, titled: Before the blast. You can watch the 31 min film here:

    www.helioxfilm.hu/blast.html

     

    Since the film is NOT an underwater film I share it with you for a different reason (but would you watch it, I would be happy). When I was searching the net for suitable background music I have found the website of Simon Wilkinson, a UK-based composer, who works for several clients, and I purchased his Drama collection for this film, so you can check the music in my film.

     

    He released 4 CDs with about 2,5 hours music altogether for a very-very reasonable price (approx. 58 USD/ each CD), and after buying it you can use for whatever project you want.

     

    I managed to negotiate with him a discount for Wetpixel folks, which is 10% from each license he offers. The offer is valid until the end of this year, and the promo code is: wetpixel.

     

    At the same time he is running a different discount, if you buy the 4 CDs together you get 25% of (this can not be combined with the wetpixel offer).

     

    I think this is a great help for us fellow filmmakers, since struggling with costly music rights is a huge problem, now, this offer can reduce our pain :wacko:

     

    Here is the website: www.thebluemask.com

     

    best,

    Jules

    Edited by Jules (Helioxfilm)
  2. That's great Jules, thanks for organising the discount and also posting. Some people get very protective of music so definitely a big thanks.

  3. Fantastic ...

     

    For the last few days I've been composing the music for my film... Enjoyable but very time consuming so having it 'ready written' would be excellent ...

     

    Well done again

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  4. For the last few days I've been composing the music for my film... Enjoyable but very time consuming so having it 'ready written' would be excellent ...

     

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

     

    And where do your talents end Deano! Filmmaker, editor and now composer!!!! I wouldn't be able to make anything sound even slightly decent.

    Edited by jonny shaw
  5. And where do your talents end Deano! Filmmaker, editor and now composer!!!! I wouldn't be able to make anything sound even slightly decent.

     

     

    :wacko: Mate I'm usually pretty selfish in my films so I really want to do as much as I can so its MY baby ... For my next film I'm looking at sourcing the music from others as it will be a bigger production and I want it to be perfect ( My musical talents are okay but not quite Pro )

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  6. And where do your talents end Deano! Filmmaker, editor and now composer!!!!

     

    babymaker.. :wacko:

  7. babymaker.. :)

     

     

     

    :goodpost::good::wacko:

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  8. babymaker.. :goodpost:

     

    :wacko:

  9. Why do I feel a strong English dominance in this thread? :goodpost:

     

    By the way, Dean, I assume that you know that hearing classical music during pregnancy has a very good effect? Of course not on you, you are lost :wacko:

  10. Why do I feel a strong English dominance in this thread? :good:

     

    Only two of us

     

    By the way, Dean, I assume that you know that hearing classical music during pregnancy has a very good effect? Of course not on you, you are lost :goodpost:

     

    It was The Rolling Stones and The Who for me ... Speaks for itself :wacko:

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  11. Long live Cream, Yardbirds, Zombies, and Troggs.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.