Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Lens question for D90.

Started by Aigar Sisask ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Lens question for D90.

10 posts
  1. Hi

    I buy Nikon D90. And I decided to go Ikelite housing and strobe systems. But now I am stuck to choosing a lens.

    This moment I have 10-24 Nikkor. Is it OK or do I have to consider to choose another lens? What lens to choose Macro shooting?

    Thank You

  2. Hi Aigar,

    A Nikon 60mm is the popular choice for macro, I just bought one for my D90, very nice :wacko:

     

    Woody

  3. Nikon 105mm is another good one. Very sharp and nice Bokeh.

  4. Nikon 105mm is another good one. Very sharp and nice Bokeh.

    I have the older 60 mm (not S) and older 105 (not VR). I prefer the longer close focus distance (where you get 1:1) of the 105 (31 cm) vs. the 60 (18.5 cm). There is a new 85 mm micro that cf at ~ 27 cm and is about the same price as the 60 mm though slower f/3.5 vs. f/2.8. Check out the reviews.

    Bob

  5. If I understand this correctly. my new AF-S G ED has a longer focal distance than the old D, and it also has manual focus override, I was just taking shots this evening in the pool focus from 1cm to probably about 20-30cm in focus

  6. If I understand this correctly. my new AF-S G ED has a longer focal distance than the old D, and it also has manual focus override, I was just taking shots this evening in the pool focus from 1cm to probably about 20-30cm in focus

    Hi Scuby,

     

    Is that from the lens to subject or from the front port to subject distance?

    CF 22 cm for AFD (old version)

    18.5 for AFS (yours)

    YMMV,

    Bob

    Edited by Deep6
  7. Thank you foe your answers. I will buy Nikkor 60mm.

    But what about this 10-24mm lens? Is it OK to use or is necessary that I change this?

  8. Hi Bob, I thought of this after I posted, its from the port glass, there is a measurement I should have added from the sensor that I cant remember (shouldnt I!?) and there is also a mark on the side of the body (focal plane?) I should have taken it from I think. I thought with mine AFS you had to be further back?

    Hi Scuby,

     

    Is that from the lens to subject or from the front port to subject distance?

    CF 22 cm for AFD (old version)

    18.5 for AFS (yours)

    YMMV,

    Bob

  9. 10-24 is a good lens for WA. just be sure that Ike makes a zoom ring for it

  10. The zoom ring dimension is the same as that of the Nikon 12-24mm F/4, basically the same physicall property on both lenses

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.