Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Need Quick answers about titles

Started by NCmermaid ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Need Quick answers about titles

3 posts
  1. I am not a dedicated videographer but enjoy shooting occasionally. That said, I have an important project that I need help and advice with in regards to my software's features. I am currently working with iMovie'08 (because frankly, that's all I've needed until now) My client has asked for streaming text to run at the top and bottom of the frames of the two minute video. I have attached an example below.

    post-17890-1259615789.jpg

     

    As best as I can tell, iMovie '08 has a limited number of title options with only one option being even remotely similar to their request. However, the max time it can run is 8 sec and it fades out like a transition so that won't work at all. It also limits me to placement only at the bottom so the top titling also remains a problem. SO, if anyone is running iMovie 09 can you tell me based on my attached example if that style of titling is an option or if I had to purchase Final Cut Express to get that feature. Ideally, I don't want more video editing software because I do so little work but this client has the potential to turn into something bigger so I want to get it right.

     

    I am on a very tight deadline so I REALLY appreciate your help!

     

    Karen

  2. Do they have to have rolling txt? I notice that you also shoot stills, can you put the titles together in photoshop and then import them as an image and just fade in fade out? Sorry I can't help you on iMovie as I've never used it.

  3. Thanks for that idea Jonny cause I can really use some help. Unfortunately, they do want scrolling text. Good Idea though!

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.