Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Starting them young

Started by Ferg42 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Starting them young

5 posts
  1. On holiday in Egypt last week and our three year old, Alfie, just learnt to wear goggles "wow Daddy now it looks all 3D under there". Now all he wants to do is take underwater photos. He grabbed my SLR and housing:

     

    119897831.jpg

     

    After a brief but frenzied struggle I managed to persuade him to start with the point and shoot. Here is his first shot (sorry about the subject matter):

     

    119897829.jpg

     

    His favourite technique is an interesting one, that I'm thinking of adopting myself. You must jump into the water from an elevated position (extra points for aerial tricks), then press the shutter button within milliseconds of hitting the water. The process is completed by underwater hand signals and sometimes a brief picnic on the bottom.

     

    Alfie's technical knowledge is developing fast- he got out my pack of magic filters and sat with intense concentration as I explained how they worked. Sure enough, as I set off for the sea the next morning: "Daddy, have you remembered your Magic Filters?"

  2. That's a real nice story! :wacko:

    I think the first shot You'r child made is just incredible, no matter the choise of subject :goodpost: (make sure You preserve it)!

     

    Cheers

    Karel

  3. "Daddy, have you remembered your Magic Filters?"

     

     

    I think that is a classic case of forward thinking by Dr Mustard ... I expect Alfie would'nt have remembered UR PRO filters :goodpost: ... His new 'Wonderous once upon a time' green water filter should fly off the shelves ... :wacko:

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  4. Get that kid a snorkel Dad. Make sure you keep the shot of him holding the rig for him. It will make a great avatar for him when he's on Wetpixel in 15 years.

     

    Alex needs to sign him up for commercials,

     

    Thanks Ferg, great stuff,

    Steve

  5. What a cute kid! Look at it this way Ferg, next time you need an excuse to tell your wife why you bought a new camera you can say you bought for Alfie!

    Mike

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.