In a D-200 I use the Nikon brand EN-EL3e battery (Li-ion 7.4V 1500 mA-h). Alternate brands advertise direct replacements with 2200 mA-h advertised. Does anyone have experience using the higher mA-h batteries?
I've been using a D-200 for a few years and understand that battery life is impacted based on how I set up the camera (eg control panel backlight on continuous) or which lens is used 105 VR consumes more. I am curious if the higher mA-h batteries extend life with all other things being equal.
As I understand it, it not only it's mA-h (mili ampere hour) but how does it maintain this characteristics over time while the batteries dies.
A lot of people (me included) are getting better results out of Sanyo Eneloops than higher mA-h batteries from other makers...
Anybody with insight on these specific batteries? I don't know, on my D300 body I am pretty happy with how far can I go in one battery.
Good Luck...
Sanyo does not make Eneloop version of Nikon batteries, however.
That said, two LiIon Nikon compatible battery packs, one at 1500 mah and one at 2200 mah, the 2200 mah one should last longer, as long as they are both equivalent in quality, also.
I personally would not stick an off-brand battery in my DSLR, but not everyone shares my concern.
Some manufacturers are creative with their 'nominal' badged capacity. As far as I know, there is no international standard for testing them.
I use off brand in Canon's, no problems (I use well known brands) but no real advantage other than cost which is significant in my view. Regardless of rating, seems about same to me.