Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

ID possible?

Started by waso ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

ID possible?

4 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    last June in Lembeh I made the following picture from a very small crab that I've never seen before:

     

    mg4429crab.jpg

    By wahrmut at 2009-12-03

     

    Has anybody an idea what it can be or were I can start searching?

    Any help is appreciated!

     

    Cheers

     

    Wahrmut

  2. I suspect it might be an elbow crab, family Parthenopidae. A good clean pic from above is much better for id than a frontal image. Do a search for Daldorfia and see if that's similar.

  3. I suspect it might be an elbow crab, family Parthenopidae.

    You might be right with 'Ellbow Crab'.

    I was searching the web and found some pics but nothing that looks at least similar.

     

    A good clean pic from above is much better for id than a frontal image. Do a search for Daldorfia and see if that's similar.

    I know, but I didn't have the chance for a good ID-docu picture.

    Couldn't find any similar pics from Daldorfia :-(.

     

    Cheers

     

    Wahrmut

  4. Any other ideas?

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.