Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

So this is where all the cool kids are, right?

Started by incapete ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

So this is where all the cool kids are, right?

7 posts
  1. Hi everyone!

     

    So... guess I'd better introduce myself...

     

    I'm Pete, I'm a 28 y/o buyer for a large online retailer (begins with A, you can probably guess who they are), living in the UK.

    I've been scuba diving since I learnt in Australia ten years ago. Since then I've been lucky enough to dive in some great locations such as New Zealand, Australia, the Med and multiple trips to the Red Sea but a few years ago I got convinced to join a UK dive club and since then I've dived exclusively in the English Channel.

    My style of diving has changed over that time too, from blue-water chilled out reef dives to cold-water deep wreck dives in a drysuit, twinset (doubles to the Americans out there :wacko: ) and stage cylinders.

    If you're a UK diver then you might know me from the YorkshireDivers forum.

     

    My photography over that time has gone from enthusiastic point-and-shoot on my first digital compact (a 5mp Sony P10) through to my first DSLR (Canon 350D) and I'm now shooting on a Canon 40D. I'm still just an enthusiastic amateur but I have recently started doing some event and gig photography on behalf of a number of charities and was lucky enough to get some of my shots featured in The Guardian newspaper.

    I'm fairly active on the Talk Photography forum too.

     

    I did have a housing for my little Sony but was never very happy with the results - it's internal flash caused backscatter and it didn't have manual white-balance or the ability to shoot in raw. I dabbled a little with a Canon G9 and housing to give me raw format and added a HW adapter to allow me to trigger a YS120 strobe.

     

    Now I've finally biten the bullet and have an Ikelite housing for my 40D with the 8inch dome port - I've yet to take it diving (think that'll be in the Spring now) and I'm still working out what I'm going to do about strobes (buy a new sync cable and trigger the YS120 in manual mode or sell the YS120 and buy an Ikelite strobe to allow TTL) but I can't wait to get started.

     

     

     

    Now that's enough about me, how are you? :)

  2. Hi Pete,

     

    Welcome along. Look forward to seeing your deep wreck images.

     

    Alex

  3. Yep this time of year I am a cool kid.(winter) LOL

     

     

    Cheers and welcome

     

    Todd

    Edited by yahsemtough
  4. Hi Pete :wacko:

     

    Woody

  5. Alreet Pete ...

     

    Welcome to the sea of 'cool kids and quality information' ... :wacko:

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  6. Hi Pete and welcome!

     

    Hope You enjoy here and post some interesting shots soon enough :wacko:

     

    Karel

  7. Cheers guys :wacko:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.