Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon G11 Camera Settings

Started by marktol ·

  • 15Posts
  • 15Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon G11 Camera Settings

15 posts
  1. Hi All,

     

    Thought id start a thread to discuss what camera settings people are using with the G11. I have purhcased a G11, Inon Z240 strobe, a Fantasea BigEye Lense and the OEM housing. Havent had an opportunity to get in the water yet but wondering what settings people have been using with this camera and any tips for people! WA or Macro!

     

    Many thanks,

    Mark

  2. I just bought the same kit this week, I too would like to know. If needed, I will be using my knowlege of the G7/z220s when i go underwater. If know one else replies, i will offer it up to this thread.

  3. Great,

     

    I have upgraded from a G9 but shot everything on Programmed auto, and as such didnt get the best results I could have. Having read many posts on here its clear I should be shooting in manual mode or at least partially manual so im keen for some suggestions and ideas!

  4. Hi Jeremy,

     

    I've got a copy on pre-order already! Also hoping to get a days tuition booked with Martin in the new year as well but it's always good to get a feel for what works for others!

     

    Cheers,

    Mark

  5. There are 3 or 4 books comming out dedicated to the G11/G10 in the next month or 2. None for underwater.

  6. Great,

     

    I have upgraded from a G9 but shot everything on Programmed auto, and as such didnt get the best results I could have. Having read many posts on here its clear I should be shooting in manual mode or at least partially manual so im keen for some suggestions and ideas!

     

    Did you shoot in RAW?

  7. Hi,

     

    Yes I shoot it RAW, saves far more data which makes manipulation much eaiser. One of the main advantages is it enables you to alter the WB as if you were when you were taking the picture! Although it eats more of the card I tend to set it so I get a full sized JPEG and a RAW file. This way I can more easily get rid of any duffs etc.

  8. For those of you who have shot the G11 u/w, I have a question. How do you get TTL when shooting Manual?

     

    Since the Ike hsg does have a TTL wired connection and does that meant the camera has to be in something other than Manual?

  9. I have a G10 (so I'm not sure if it's the same on your model), but you have to have the camera in either the AV or TV modes to shoot TTL...

  10. Wired or optically, ttl is on all modes except manual(m), u control everything in M mode.

  11. Am I right in saying you also have TTl in P mode as well?

  12. Am I right in saying you also have TTl in P mode as well?

     

     

    Yes, in P mode, ttl will work.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.