Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Selecting the center focus point with a Canon in a Subal housing

Started by MJvC ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Selecting the center focus point with a Canon in a Subal housing

3 posts
  1. This may be an incredibly stupid question but I cant work it out. This is for all Canon users that have their cameras housed in Subal housings. How do I access the center focus point with Multi-controller dial system on the Subal housings? I can access all the peripheral focus points with this dial but I can not seem to bring it back to the center point. I can get there using the quick control dial on the back but then changing the aperture becomes a mission.

     

    Thanks

     

    Mark

  2. Which body do you have Mark? On the 7D you hit the Multifunction display/ magnify button, (upper right corner) then the M-Fn button to select the spot AF or zone AF etc. Either the Main dial or the rear quick contol dial will select the AF point

     

    The the 40D/50D you press the Multi finction display then use the main dial(behind the shutter) or the rear dial to choose the AF mode / point. If you keep turning the dial you get all the choices. You can hit the MF display button to get out of it or do what I do and just half depress the shutter and your rear dial is back to aperture control.

     

    Hope that helps,

    Steve

  3. Thanks Steve

     

    I am using a 5DMk2 and had my camera set up to access the Multi-controller directly with the cameras custom function. I have returned this function to the default and it works much better for me in the housing.

     

    Mark

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.