Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

recomendations for a Backpack for Regs/Camera/Netbook

Started by marcw ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

recomendations for a Backpack for Regs/Camera/Netbook

4 posts
  1. I am looking for a decent backpack to hold my stuff:

     

    -Regs/Octo/Dive computer

    -Camera(P/S)

    -Underwater case

    -Strobe

    -Large Strobe Arms

    -NetBook

     

    Any recomendations?

     

    thanks

  2. Lot of threads here on backpacks. try some various searches on this site.

    I use a Lowepro AW200 and like it, others use the AW300, some use Think tank, etc. Are you near a major city that has options for seeing them? The fit varies for the different brands, etc. For example, Houston has at least one location where you can try on all the major brands and see what you like. Other major cities will likely have similar options. My city does not but I was in Houston fora visit and got to try them all on, put my gear in them...which was great.

    I think the AW200 would likely hold all that, the AW300 certainly but its a pretty large pack. I suspect some of the Think Tank brand would fit as well.

    What strobe are you using? they vary in size by quite a bit.

    If you cannot get to a pack to try, consider building a cardboard fake pack matching the interior dimensions you get from their website. Then you could test your gear in the different size pack arrangements.

  3. Lot of threads here on backpacks. try some various searches on this site.

    I use a Lowepro AW200 and like it, others use the AW300, some use Think tank, etc. Are you near a major city that has options for seeing them? The fit varies for the different brands, etc. For example, Houston has at least one location where you can try on all the major brands and see what you like. Other major cities will likely have similar options. My city does not but I was in Houston fora visit and got to try them all on, put my gear in them...which was great.

    I think the AW200 would likely hold all that, the AW300 certainly but its a pretty large pack. I suspect some of the Think Tank brand would fit as well.

    What strobe are you using? they vary in size by quite a bit.

    If you cannot get to a pack to try, consider building a cardboard fake pack matching the interior dimensions you get from their website. Then you could test your gear in the different size pack arrangements.

     

     

    Thanks!, I did search but did not find what I want. Like your two ideas, it does look like it will hold the regs and dive computer.

     

    This is what i found: http://www.adorama.com/APNACPRO2000.html?searchinfo=ape+case . it looks like it will be a good airport travel backpack. It holds all, and easy to oped to show what is in it and items should not get scratch.

     

    I do live in NYC and I go to adorama or bhphoto. I wanted to some personal preference from the forum members prior to buying. I want a sturdy bag that will not rip in the middle of a trip.

  4. I am not familiar with the APE brand but perhaps its a good one...I have no idea. Here is a link to the pack I have.

    lowepro vertex 200aw

    And here is a link to ThinkTank packs.

    ThinkTank packs

    There are bound to be places in your area where you can see/hold/try on Lowepro and ThinkTank packs and compare them to the APE one you are considering. A lot of people on this site like the Thinktank's and I liked them as well but they did not fit me as well as the Vertex.

    Getting to try them on with you gear inside was worth the effort.

    If you are looking for a recommendation from someone here, I would stick with ThinkTank or Lowepro.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.