Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Oly5050 My Mode

Started by Jase ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Oly5050 My Mode

5 posts
  1. Hi; I have been using an Oly 5050 in PT015 Housing with an Inon D-180 Strobe; and was wondering what settings most people use (ie my mode)and the settings which anyone uses on the same setup as mine

     

    I have only found one reference to the settings used:

    http://www.splashdowndivers.com/photo_gall...up_settings.htm

     

    Thanks :D

  2. Jase, I have set up the "my mode" with all the settings I want for super macro. I have the manuel mode set up for regular and wide angle (although I leave the macro button on all the time in manuel mode, you can read the reasons why in various forums. So I am usually in Manuel mode and if I want a super macro shot I switch to "My Mode" and I'm ready to shoot down to 1 1/2 inches from the lens.

     

    I use a Tetra 5050 housing with two Sea & Sea DX90 strobes. You can see my C-5050 photography at;

    http://homepage.mac.com/dicklundholm

  3. Thanks Dick, maybe I should have been more specific in my post; what i was really wondering was what f-stop and shutter speed you tend to use. Like you I have been using the manual mode, as when I set the camera on aperture priority the shutter speed most of the time seems to be long so that the pictures end up a bit blurred :D

  4. I don't have the camera in front of me so as I recall in "MY Mode" for super macro, I have the camera aperture set on f7 and shutter speed at 1/200th. I always adjust my strobes manually with the Tetra ROC controller and I start out at 1/6th power in super macro mode. The camera flash is OFF, I set the ISO at 64 (in manuel I set the ISO at 100) I dial in the exposure usually with strobe power first then shutter speed and finally F stop as a last resort. I've probably forgotten something but I believe that covers it. So as you can see I can go from ISO 100 at F4.5 with a shutter speed of 125th shooting a fish 18 inches away with my strobes set at 1/3rd power, and with the twist of the mode dial, a few pops on the ROC button to reduce strobe power, reposition at least one strobe and I'm shooting a nudibranch 1 1/2 inches in front of my lens filling the frame at f7, ISO 64, shutter speed 1/200th and 1/6th power strobe or strobes.

  5. Thanks Dick, I will play around with similar settings to that when I next have a swim; :D

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.