Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Octopus Bonanza

Started by RestlessDeviant ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Octopus Bonanza

6 posts
  1. Blue Ringed, Wonderpus, Coconut, Mimic, White "V"

     

     

    Some of the footage from the Lembeh vid, but i had a proper sit down through all the footage and added some new nice clips

     

    I'm trying a vid with an new style intro.... An idea I have had for a while but finally had a go at doing it. Think it works quite well, but what does everyone think?

     

    James

    Edited by RestlessDeviant
  2. Hey James,

    Can't tell you how envious I am of the blue ringed footage. They seem to avoid me when I am at Lembeh, maybe its my breath. ;-)

    Great clips. Personally, I found the flicker effect in the beginning to be distracting...didn't care for it. If the clips had been synched to the music than the cuts would have seemed more valid to me.

    Steve

    Edited by steve
  3. Wonderful Stuff James! I have to agree with Steve though. The bass line coming in at :32 is just begging for a image change. I love the feel though. It's going to be great when you finish tweaking it.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

  4. Ditto on the previous comments, some great blue ring shots!

  5. Thanks for the comments :lol:

     

    I was just trying to see if there was a way to keep attention through a YouTube video (Hot Spots) if I did some kind of teaser, but will have a go at trying something different next time.

     

    I'm thinking about making a fast action packed video to a high tempo Trance track, just as a personal project & build the video around the track...... Not sure if that will work!

     

     

    Does anyone have any idea if the clips from this, or the Lembeh video are good enough to offer for sale RM? I don't have any experience selling footage, but would like to. I did find a good thread on here with some information about some of the different websites you can sell through & I got a pack to join Ocean Stock Footage, but was a lot of stuff to fill in and didn't really get what they offer % wise. The other one that looked interesting was Stock Footage Market. I not really looking to upload tones of clips, I don't have to connection for it at the mo, but just a few choice cuts.

     

    Any advice or an honest opinion about the estimated value of anything would be greatly appreciated. From what a can find, no one has blue ringed octopus mating for sale.

     

    James <------ who decided to skip the offer of a free dive on Koh Tao a few days ago and missed a Minke Whale visiting the divers underwater :_(

  6. James,

    I never really do music videos where everything is built around a music track but when I heard this music piece I just had to do it. Hope you like:http://www.vimeo.com/4870945

    Steve

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.