Hi, I have a Fuji S2, and just got the Sea & Sea housing back (it originally arrived with a bent frame so the handle was interfering with one of the controls and I sent it back immediately, not realizing I would have more problems). In setting it up I have two problems and a question. I will post the question separately - here are the two problems (so far - I haven't yet checked every control, but it appears that I am going to have to):
1. The housing/camera won't fire the strobes. I have two Ikelite DS125 strobes hooked up to an RS and working fine. I took the sync cord and connected it to the new housing and the strobes beep when in TTL model - indicating an incorrect connection. I tried a single cord with one strobe - same results. Likewise with a Nikonos SB105 and single sync cord. (So that is a combination of three sync cords, two of which are working fine on other camera setups. And three strobes, all working fine with the other cameras.) However, when I put the DS125s in manual "Full" mode they don't beep and do fire. It appears that the port connectors are not functioning for TTL.
Are there both manual and TTL port connections? Is there any way I can tell which I have?
I have two port connections on the housing, and both appear to be failing.
2. The knob that controls the flash exposure compensation is making constant contact, so the top display panel on the camera constantly shows the exposure compensation value (no other settings) and any time the "main command dial" is turned it changes this value.
If the camera is mounted in the front of the housing only, the knob makes intermittent contact. But as soon as the back is put on the housing, it makes constant contact.
I'm very reluctant to try and adjust the positioning of the camera as there are SO MANY dials and knobs that have to make contact, I'm worried about affecting something else.
Has anyone "adjusted" any of these knobs, or is it best to send it back again (at a cost of over $40 and loss of another week)
Thanks for any and all advice and suggestions!
