Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Backup for my dDLR? SeaLife?

Started by jamsys ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Backup for my dDLR? SeaLife?

4 posts
  1. Call me paranoid (yes I am) but I will be taking some long and expensive trips in the near future...

     

    I will be shooting a Fuji S2 in a Subal, with a spare body...

     

    I found on Craigslist a SeaLife DC800 w/ Strobe for $450.00.... Is it worthy to buy as a 3rd backup??? I know zip about SeaLife

     

    Thx!

  2. That's not a horrible price, judging from what the range of sales are at eBay; of course it depends on condition:

     

    http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.html?LH_C...op=16&_sc=1

     

    I'd try to knock him or her down some, perhaps. I too don't know anything much about Sealife products from personal experience, so not giving you any advice on that front. I'm just a fan of using eBay as a bit of indicator of average used prices. There'll be the occasional outlier on both the cheap and the costly side, but you'll get some idea of the right range at least.

  3. My best customers bought SeaLife and then they came to see me later... ;-)

     

    i'd look around for a decent Canon or a Fuji in a case. I've seen FXF-200s and a Fuji case for about that.

     

    But gees with 2 bodies how many spares do you need?

     

    Jack

  4. Naah, save your money. 2 bodies is good......

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.