I came across a post by Viz'art, and am trying to apply the information shared with relation to Aquatica housings, a Canon 5D Mark II, and TTL.
If I have understood correctly, the only way I can get TTL to work is as follows. Please verify, as I *think* I have done my homework correctly.
Prospect: Aquatica housing a Canon 5D Mark II, with TTL
1: Order the housing with S6 connector, and THEN
a: use an external Heinrich Weikamp, and from there use a compatible strobe
b: use Subal Strobecase to house a regular Canon topside flash
c: use a Sea and Sea TTL converter (Viz'art only referred to it needing a 6 pin connector and that Backscatter has been doing it, but I am not sure the 6 connector bulkhead referred to is the S6)
d: use some other compatible external TTL converter with a compatible strobe (like the one I will attach in my next post after this one...my next question)
2: Order a housing with normal Nikonos connector, but arrange for the installation of an internal Heinrich Weikamp
3: Wait for a native TTL solution from Aquatica, as Viz'art alluded to in another thread. Any details available here (solution, cost, availability, etc.)?
NOTE: The "compatible strobe" that I in particular am looking at using would be the DS series by Ikelite. I have a DS125, but will probably upgrade to DS161's unless I do something crazy like house a Canon flash (which I highly doubt).
Additional questions:
Most of the posts and the Heinrich Weikamp web site seem to refer to a model that optically detects the firing of an on body flash, but this solution I outlined above seems to suggest a hard wired version, such as what I believe you can find in the reefphoto webstore. Is this correct?
For each of the solutions I outlined above, I would like to know if it is possible to switch between TTL and manual during a dive.