Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Broken electronics Ikelite D70

Started by Style ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Broken electronics Ikelite D70

1 posts
  1. Hi!

    I got an old Nikon D70 with a Ikelite housing and a single DS125 strobe. It seems like the electronics inside the housing controling the TTL is broken. The LEDs on the backside is'nt working and I can't get the strobe to fire when I have it(the strobe) set to TTL.

     

    However if I disconnect the strobe and manually short the two appropriate pins I can get it to fire both when set to manual and to TTL, I have also checked the cable and it's OK. When I connect everything together except for the camera I can get the strobe to fire by shorting the two appropriate pins at the camera connector but only when I have it set to manual, not when set to TTL.

     

    I am now considering to sell the equipment and I think it would be much easier to get sold and I could also get some more cash out of it if I could fix this, however since i am corrently unemployed I am not very keen on sending it back to Ikelite except if it's really needed.

     

    Thanks!

    Edvin Mellergård

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.