Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Fuji S2

Started by sharky1961 ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Fuji S2

6 posts
  1. Hello, is some one using the Ikelite housing for fuji S2 or Nikon d100? What are the disadvantages for the IKelite housing for S2 and Nikon, because most of you use either Aquata or Subal housings for your SLR?

    Rob

  2. Hang on now - there are a few S2 users here that use the Ikelite housing. Check out the awesome shots in this photo contest of the reef squid taken w/ the S2/Ikelite setup.

     

    Hopefully they will chime in.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. Rob,

     

    I just completed a brief review of the NEW style Ikelite housing for the Nikon D100. Should be on wetpixel soon. I previously used a protoype Ikelite housing for the shots you see at the links below. More pics to come soon on a new mac.com page.

     

    The housing is very capable and has some advantages detailed in my review. Email any questions after you read it, I'd be happy to help you.

     

    Best regards,

     

    David Haas

    Haas Photography Inc.

    4596 Greenlawn Drive

    Stow OH 44224

    330-678-0591 Phone/Fax

    330-329-5981 cell

    dhaas@megsinet.net

     

    http://homepage.mac.com/davidhaas/PhotoAlbum2.html

    http://www.sdsharkdiving.com/PhotoPages/haas.htm

  4. Hallo David, you took some very very nice pictures. What lense do you use. Perhaps I tend to the Canon D10, I heard Ikelite is bilding a housing for it. Do you know what ports will be available by Ikelite? I am interseted in the Canon 17-40 mm, or the Sigma 17-35 mm lense wich one would you recommand, the canon 16-35 is too expensive for me.

    Perhaps is also reading this message and he can tell me more.

    Rob

  5. Rob, I have been using the S2 and Ikelite for about a year now. Up until now I have used it exclusively with the 60mm micro but will be fitted with the 12-24 on my upcoming trip to Bonaire. With the Ikelite housing you are limitted in lens choices mostly due to the diameter of some lenses. This isn't a huge problem since they can accomodate the 60, 105, and the 12-24. These lenses pretty much cover the full range of underwater shooting. Besides, for the price, you can't expect to have it all.

    S2/Ikelite Gallery

  6. Rob,

     

    Yes, Ikelite will debut a new SLR housing at the diving trade show Oct. 8th in Miami for the Canon 10D and possibly the Canon EOS 300D camera. My understanding is it will use standard Ikelite ports. The Canon 17-40 lens should fit one of the extended dome ports already available. I'm unsure of the specs for that lens but I know some Sigma zooms cannot fit. Check the Ikelit web site (www.ikelite.com) for port dimensions. You may also need a diopter if your lens canont focus to less than 1' (a +4 usually is recommended for Ikelite domes to allow full rnage zooming.)

     

    Most of the shots on the 2 links were shot with one lens, the Nikon 18-35mm ED. Even the 9'-13' long Great White sharks! Since then I've been using the Sigma 15mm Fisheye (just as sharp compared to the Nikon and $300 less and focuses to 6") and the new Nikon 12-24DX lens. The next mac.com page I post will have shots with both of these lenses as I'm primarily a wide angle shooter.

     

    Keep your eye on Ikeite's site for pics or news on the new Canon housing(s).

     

    David Haas

    dhaas@megsinet.net

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.