Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikon D300s ... and video ...

Started by jeremypayne ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon D300s ... and video ...

4 posts
  1. I'm going to the Dominican Republic to document a charitable mission to an orphanage. I was planning on bringing my D700, 50mm/1.4 and 24-120VR.

     

    In talking about the trip with the organizers, it came up that they don't have any plans for video ... and I chimed in and volunteered to rent a Nikon that shoots video and shoot a bit of video on the side. The video needs are light and I will still shoot mostly stills.

     

    I was kinda hoping the D3s would be available, but it looks like I'll be renting a D300s.

     

    I have a 50mm, 24-120VR, 70-200VR and 17-35.

     

    Should I rent the 18-200VRII along with the D300s? Then I would bring the D300s, the 18-200 and the 50mm.

     

    Any advice about shooting video on an SLR? :D

  2. Don't fall all over yourselves!

     

    I rented the camera and the 18-200 ... not that anyone cares ...

  3. Don't fall all over yourselves!

     

    I rented the camera and the 18-200 ... not that anyone cares ...

     

     

    Sorry ... What was the question ... :D

     

    I haven't the slightest about VidSLR but you could try the other video peeps in their domain

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  4. Sorry ... What was the question ... :D

     

    I was mainly looking for advice on lenses - specifically whether or not I should rent the 18-200mm zoom ... which I did ...

     

    I will have the D300s, the 18-200mm and the 50mm/1.4 with me ... and I'll have a couple days next week to play with the video before we leave.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.