Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Lens UV Filter?

Started by bkkchriss4 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Lens UV Filter?

4 posts
  1. What is the general opinion of using UV filters on lenses when shooting underwater? I always keep a UV on my lenses when shooting on land just for general protection... but underwater??? Can't see it making much difference either way assuming your port can handle the slight extra length...

  2. I don't recommend it - it's one more thing to cause lens flare when shooting toward the sun.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. Only for protection on land. So i don't recommend it either...

    Edited by lomaro
  4. Because of flare issues I do not even use UV filters on land if it is not exceptionally muddy and dirty. I see no reason at all to bring them under water.

     

    /Bent C

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.