Okay, I understand all the stuff about temperature and color, etc.
What I don't understand is correcting WB at depth.
I shoot in TIFF or JPEG with my Sea & Sea, so WB matters. Using AUTO WB when shooting in ambient light, I get crappy green photos. I can make reasonable color corrections in Photoshop using the Mandrake process, but the color is still not the greatest. Not like when I am able to shoot with the flash.
I tried correcting WB at depth. I carried a white card with me. I still got crappy green photos. But the photos could not be fixed at all. I'm pretty good with Photoshop, and even I couldn't get any reasonable color corrections. When you make a WB correction at depth, the Mandrake process will not work at all.
So if you're not shooting in raw, what's the point of correcting WB at depth? It's not like you're going to magically get beautiful, color-correct photos. All you get is a crappy green photos that are impossible to correct. At least if you leave WB in AUTO you can get some reasonable color corrections.