Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

CIS Epson Inks for R1800 Printer

Started by deepsea ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

CIS Epson Inks for R1800 Printer

4 posts
  1. HI

     

    I am just wondering if anyone here has used the continuous ink system for the Epson R1800 and if it was good, inks lasted etc.

     

    Many thanks

     

    Karen

  2. I have been using the Lyson CIS on my Epson Stylus Photo 2200 / 2100 for many years without problems. It is available for the R1800 http://www.lyson.com/community/news.asp?id=3

     

    Now if you change ink system you will need to match your printer profile with the ink + paper combination that you choose to use. There are some of these available on the Lyson web site, but if you wish to use other combinations you may have to create them yourself (or pay to get them done).

     

    The other thing to be generally aware of is that there are basically two types of ink - dye based and pigment based. If you are looking for longevity in your prints you should use pigment based inks (I'm sure we have all seen faded pictures people have printed on their printers at home - they mainly use dye based ink). Not all photo papers will take pigment based ink so you need to take care there. I use Lyson cave paint ink (although I think they renamed it not so long ago).

     

    Hope this helps.

  3. HI

     

    I am just wondering if anyone here has used the continuous ink system for the Epson R1800 and if it was good, inks lasted etc.

     

    Many thanks

     

    Karen

    I have used the Niagara system with pigment inks on an R800 (same technology) with no problems and quite good matching with Epson papers and Epson ink profiles

    Bill

  4. Thanks very much for your replies and all the information, will check all these systems out.

     

    Have a great weekend

     

    Karen

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.