Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon a570 is for beginner

Started by ibanezgfx ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon a570 is for beginner

2 posts
  1. Hello all,

    I have searched and not really found an exact answer for my question.

    Basically, I want to buy a cheap digicam and housing for some underwater photography. At first, I was set on the S90 or G11 and canon housing, but for beginning, and about to get married, and I want a DSLR for dry photography, I want something cheaper.

    I figured a camera/housing setup will be under $200, I understand some strobes will work with fiber optic cables and whatnot, but my main question is, with the Canon housing, are there any wide-angle adaptors available or that I can make work?

     

    Thanks for looking

  2. I have an A570 which I bought brand new on E-bay for $75, and a Canon housing - which I bought from Canon ($70) when they had a special last July.

     

    I then got a Sea and Sea YS110 alpha which adds hugely to the quality and color of the pics that you are able to take. Recently I bought Inon lenses - AD Mount base - close up lense UCL 165AD, wide anlge UWL 105AD, and fish eye UFL 165AD - I am so happy with the pics this set up produces that I recently went out and bougt an additional A57 as backup.

     

    I also have a dry Canon SLR, but having had a housing flood a few years ago - I am just not brave enough to take it under water.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.