Thanks Bo - that's the card I have too. The problem for me is I have a 2-wire wireless router and I don't know if they make then in N protocol yet. I'll have to look as that would just be a great upgrade in general.
Cheers
James
Upgrading your system to N protocol would be a great upgrade if your internet router can handle the higher bandwith. Likely you are also going to pay more for your internet service connection to have the bandwith. I have upgraded to a dual-band "N" that operates at higher frequency channels and has less interference from other networks (I'm two of a dozen here where I live)
The new 8Mb X2 Pro is now being shipped here in US, BUT be sure to read the updated compatibility information! Especially those of you with newer SLR models and plan to use CF adapters. Eye-Fi Support Center states the following:
"Eye-Fi does not support the use of SD to CF card adapters with the Eye-Fi Card. Eye-Fi has not tested the Eye-Fi Card in cameras designed to use CF cards and has no explicit knowledge to share about the success of these adapters when used with an Eye-Fi Card. We only support the Eye-Fi Card in cameras designed to use SD or SDHC cards.
We are aware that many users want the Eye-Fi Card functionality in their CF-based cameras and have opted to use a CF card adapter to get the functionality offered by an Eye-Fi Card. The following list of known issues with CF card adapters is a collection of information gathered directly from customer and blogger descriptions of issues they have experienced. By sharing this information Eye-Fi accepts no responsibility for problems encountered when using the Eye-Fi Card and a CF Card adapter.
•Wireless range of the Eye-Fi Card is noticeably reduced.
•Formatting the Eye-Fi Card in a CF adapter has caused the Eye-Fi Card to fail.
•File corruption of photos.
•The Eye-Fi Card will not work in Canon 20D, 30D and 40D cameras when used with an “SD/MMC” CF adapter. Use of the newer “SD/SDHC” CF adapters appear to work with the Eye-Fi Card in these cameras. For more information Refer to the Photojojo’s article, What to Do if your Eye-Fi + CF adapter won’t work with your Canon 20D, 30D, or 40D."
There are new SDHC adapters that claim to work for Canon 20D,30D and 40D like this one from PhotJoJo
I may have gotten away with my 4Mb Pro adapter by having used it only on my older Canon D10 camera. I need to do tests with my 4Gb Pro card on my new 7D, before I will even consider the possibility of upgrading to the new 8Gb Pro X2. I will report back when I have some results.
Also I recommend non-USA buyers to check into local compatibility issues for uploads. Read the support blogs and see what issues others are having before you buy a card.
Although a great concept, this product may still need more maturing before it becomes more usable in professionl business applications.
Bo