Hello everybody....I am new to this forum....I am a photographer and somebody (ellen) over at rangefinderforum recommended me to this site....I just spent some time reading some threads and I have a couple of questions...
I am going to buy a Nikonos V and some lenses (15mm/20mm/35mm) and a fb 105 strobe....I am not a diver, but I like to snorkel....I read in a couple of the posts that it is not ok to snorkel (free dive) with a 15mm on Nikonos because there is not adequate pressure, and their is a high chance of "flooding"......
I plan to learn how to use my new kit in my swimming pool....what risks (do's and dont's) should I be aware of....
I absolutely have no experience whatsoever with UW photography, but it is something that I would like to try out....can somebody please give me a basic rundown on what I should/shouldn't do...
Any advice would be appreciated....BTW, I am not a troll ....I have been taking photos for 20 years, but this will be my first time using/experimenting with UW photography....I have read some info on Bob Warkentin's website (southern-nikonos) and it is helpful...
anyways, here is a link to some of my work that I do
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22072877@N05/
Thanks in advance to any advice....I am excited to venture into this type of photography......not really sure if it matters or not, but I live in Thailand now and I plan on using the camera around some of the islands here...and also in my swimming pool...
cheers, michael